One of the most revealing threads running through Canadian investigative journalist and tireless anti-capitalism activist, Naomi Klein’s rivetting book, This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate (Alfred A. Knopf, 2014), concerns what she terms the “new climate warriors”, or in one word, “Blockadia”. This unlikely-sounding word names a movement which has arisen in the shape…
Tag Archives: complexity theory
Sign up To Our Newsletter
- A South African link to Trump’s inner circle February 6, 2017
- The automatic society January 22, 2017
- The pro-poor rhetoric of the ANC government has failed to translate into meaningful economic policy January 24, 2017
- Far more than a thriller writer January 31, 2017
- Trump’s global gag rule puts safe abortion in jeopardy February 1, 2017
- Has humankind really “progressed”, in the Enlightenment sense of the word? February 19, 2017
- Beyoncé: a Renaissance man – Part 2 February 16, 2017
- How to prevent another Life Esidimeni tragedy – experts speak out February 15, 2017
- Stop killing our wild animals! February 13, 2017
- The black guy always dies first, and other problematic literary tropes February 12, 2017
- Samuel Tabi Tanyi-Mbianyor: Kagure, you nailed it right there! It is time we m...
- Waxfoot: Depressing indeed, Bert. I find Naomi Klein\'s wr...
- johnbpatson: Funny, the planet Earth I live on is far, far less...
- Issy Be: Good Grief! And if he wasn\'t included in the drum...
- MICHAEL JONES: I stopped reading at \"how does this black kid cel...
- Quick guide: When can you get an abortion?Tue, 21 Feb 2017 00:00
- Warning: Canada is not what you think it is, eyMon, 20 Feb 2017 16:50
- Brian Molefe MP nomination will damage ANC ahead of 2019 elections - SACP North WestMon, 20 Feb 2017 15:53
- Gauteng State of the Province address: What you need to knowMon, 20 Feb 2017 15:07
- How South Africans can play for the $403 million US Powerball jackpot this Wednesday!Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:06
- Makhura takes no blame for Life Esidimeni saga during Gauteng #Sopa2017Mon, 20 Feb 2017 13:53
- The last summer of reasonFri, 03 Feb 2017
- Letters to the editor: February 3 to 9 2017Fri, 03 Feb 2017
- Trump and Zuma are worse than liarsFri, 03 Feb 2017
- Negative messianism marks our timesFri, 03 Feb 2017
- We’re all made in God’s imageFri, 03 Feb 2017
- The continent can’t afford business as usual at the African Union Fri, 03 Feb 2017