1. Nothing is ever certain until the final whistle blows.
2. You might think you know where the game is headed, but that can all change in the 90th minute.
3. Underdogs can become finalists.
4. You can’t only defend; you can’t only attack.
5. South African fans are the most colourful, the most enthusiastic and, yes, the loudest.
6. No matter what country you’re from, when the camera focuses on you, you will jump up and down like a crazy thing.
7. Bafana Bafana know how to play soccer.
8. Our players might be small, but they’re tough. (Not like some other players, who fall over if you look at them funny.)
9. Soccer really is the beautiful game.
10. South Africa is ready for the World Cup in 2010. Not quite 100% ready, but it won’t be the disaster many predicted. It might just be one of the most exciting months of our lives.