On a previous occasion I elaborated on the growing natural scientific evidence that the world is at “Red Alert” status regarding a looming ecological crisis. The question arises, whether the human sciences (humanities and social sciences) are in agreement with their natural science colleagues on this issue. In light of the incontrovertible evidence in this…
Tag Archives: J.D. Bernal
Sign up To Our Newsletter
- Why a coalition between the ANC and DA would be good for Johannesburg and both parties August 6, 2016
- What’s in a woman’s [sur]name? August 5, 2016
- The Remember Khwezi protest has shone a spotlight on our society’s patriarchal nature August 11, 2016
- Philosophy of provisionality August 9, 2016
- Raising girls; raising boys August 8, 2016
- ‘Fuck white people’? No – My response to Lwandile Fikeni August 29, 2016
- Children shouldn’t have to trade off their identity for a good education August 29, 2016
- David and Goliath: Welgespruit Community goes to the North West High Court over their land claim August 29, 2016
- Marikana: Moment of reckoning with whole extractive system August 29, 2016
- The world has become an uncertain and ugly place August 29, 2016
- The Public Speaking Guy: Prof Gumede, you have articulated the problem in a...
- The Public Speaking Guy: What will it lead to, Oom Peit?...
- EternalVoid: Over the years the ANC has shown that it will not ...
- Richard: I imagine that as the realisation of the provision...
- ZEBLON ZONDO: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO CONCLU...
- Heartwarming #ElectionDay as the personal becomes the political for voters Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:31
- Emirates Airline plane crash-lands in Dubai after catching fire, passengers safe Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:11
- Former presidents Mbeki and Motlanthe insist their votes are their secretsWed, 03 Aug 2016 14:48
- Elections: However serious the event, South Africans can and will make it funny Wed, 03 Aug 2016 14:11
- How many times did Mmusi Maimane mention Mandela? We counted. Wed, 03 Aug 2016 13:50
- #VotingPickupLines election highlights: The good, the bad and the WTF Wed, 03 Aug 2016 13:34
- Get it right, newsdesks, the ANC aunties are not exactly fighting for women's rightsThu, 25 Aug 2016
- Too big, too strong, too powerful, too black for weepy, waifish Sharp and JozwikThu, 25 Aug 2016
- The watchdog over South Africa’s elite police unit is in serious need of teeth Wed, 24 Aug 2016
- Tumultuous times for South Africa as it enters the era of coalition politicsWed, 24 Aug 2016
- 'Eff Die Stem' and other ways the EFF and DA could have reached a compromiseWed, 24 Aug 2016
- SADC puts the focus on Swaziland, an anachronism in an ostensibly democratic regionWed, 24 Aug 2016